Wednesday, April 16, 2014

365 Days in London

We did it!!!

I honestly cannot believe that we have been in London for an entire year.
It feels like yesterday when I started this blog to keep everyone updated with our progress and life happenings. I remember writing, 2 weeks down, 50 more to go  and feeling like those weeks would crawl by.  They did the exact opposite...they flew.
This year started out rocky and has surely had many bumps along the way (sometimes I'm surprised we (I) made it through), but overall it has been exhilarating, exciting, fun, and unbelievably memorable.

I feel blessed to have been given this opportunity.  Without it, we never would have had the courage to move away from home to an unfamiliar country and have such unforgettable experiences.  We've been to countries we never would have traveled to, we've made lifelong friends who otherwise would be strangers, but, most importantly, D and I have strengthened our bond by being there for one another every step of the way.  That is what I'll cherish most about our time away.

We have agreed to stay for longer than I had initially anticipated, but I believe that the next several months will go by just as quickly.  Soon, our time as residents of London will be a distant memory.  I am continuing to try my hardest to appreciate where we are at this very moment (currently: Thailand :) ).  What better way to celebrate our 1 year 'anniversary' in London than a trip out of the country?  Haha.

Thanks for following us on our journey.  Thank you for all of your encouraging comments, emails, texts, and calls along the way.  Your support has meant so, so much to us both and I am eternally grateful for your love.

~~~~~~~~

Enjoy this montage of our first year in London:

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you !! We love and miss you, Val & Drew !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your vacation and the rest of your time across the pond!! :-)

    ReplyDelete