Friday, April 19, 2013

Little by Little...

we're making this place our home.

We received our air shipment today and I have never seen a bigger pile of clothes on our bed in my life.  It was a good wake-up call and a nice reminder of how incredibly blessed we are.  I've never been good at getting rid of things, clearly.  I've convinced myself a thousand times that, even though I haven't worn or used certain items in well over a year, I still need to hang on to them JUST IN CASE.
"Of course I need these out-of-style red pumps that I purchased three years ago and have only worn once.  What if I go to an 80s party?!?!"  Those thoughts and rationalizations then lead to this.  See picture below.


I have decided that I am going to turn our move to London into an opportunity to purge!!!!  Starting right...NOW! Haven't worn it in forever? Have only used it once? Don't need it? IT'S GONE.  Val, who cares if you might need a camouflage army dress from Forever21 in ten years so you can match your (not yet conceived) son on Halloween. Get rid of it!!!  Scary thing is, I've actually had thoughts like those before.
I can do it...I hope. It will take some practice, but I think I can do it. Wish me luck.

 
I took a mid-morning break to FaceTime with my sister and my niece.  Over 3,000 miles away and we are still able to make each other smile!  Thank you, God, for Steve Jobs!

...And I'm done!!!
Now we'll just wait for the 30 other boxes that are due off the boat in a few weeks. 
Don't worry, none of them are clothes ;)

4 comments:

  1. That was an amazing feat! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Val!! I miss you, Bud. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...start with the shoes!! OMG!!! Are they all Drew's? If so, you really have a problem on your hands!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post -- I too have those thoughts...but purge, purge, purge! You'll feel so good after you get rid of stuff. Love you and miss you btw!

    ReplyDelete