Saturday, August 3, 2013

Summertime & the Livin' is Easy

Summer is the best.
Even though it's the first summer I've spent away from home and from the beach, I'm making the most of it and trying to enjoy where I am.  Hence my blog: Living in the Now.  I'm doing my best.

Visitors have come and gone ... and come again.  Their presence has really helped alleviate some of the anguish that comes with moving to a new country.  No sitting around here.  We're out an about.  Seeing the city.  Taking a speed line out to the countryside.  We're doing it up!!!  Seizing each moment.  Go me!

My parents are here now and it has been so wonderful!!!  My sister and brother in law are coming next week.  I. Could. Not. Be. More. Excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a fun week with Chris.  It was an added bonus that we saw our great friend Amy (who we used to work with)!  She was visiting England with her beautiful family and we met at Hampton Court Palace for lunch and a walk around the grounds. 




We spent the previous day at the Natural History Museum ...





And stopped for a fan favorite: Pimm's & lemonade ... ;) 


~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for my favorite news: 
Two weeks ago, D and I roller bladed all around London with MH ... and about a hundred others (a roller blading group).  It was A-MAZ-ING!  Rollerblading past Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, & Westminster Abbey was so exhilarating!!!!  Basically ... a rollerblading group called LondonSkate meets Wednesday nights in Hyde Park and for two hours they ride us through the streets of London, blasting music through their speaker backpacks, and stopping traffic for us along the way (even the red double decker buses).  It was the most memorable night in London so far.
Yay.

We're ready to go!!!
Trafalgar's Square
Bad. ASS.

Amazing right???
(From left: London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey)


Hope everyone is having a great weekend
xo



2 comments: