Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stronger Together

It has been quite a while since I've last written.  A lot has happened since my departure for America and my arrival back to London.  My time in New Jersey/New York was absolutely wonderful and full of such happiness, excitement, and pure JOY!  Since my return, I have been playing hostess (and tour guide) to my in-laws and now to my aunt and my cousin.  I have welcomed the company and the distraction and have really enjoyed touring around London (I'm serious this time).

~ I will be back with details and pictures soon ~

This July 3rd post is about us . . .


Today marks 3 years since I married my best friend and the absolute love of my life!!! I won't go on and on about how he is the best husband ever (although I think he could come close if judged fairly), but I will say that he's the best for ME!!  And that's all that matters : )

I feel so incredibly blessed that 9 years ago (April 3, 2004) he asked me for a piece of gum at a college party and didn't leave me alone the entire night about how amazing the gum was!  From across the room he'd hold out the gum and yell "Val...this is the best gum ever! Where'd you get this?"  If you know D, I'm sure you can imagine how creative he could get with making gum seem 'great' for an entire night.  From then on, it was him and me.  Well, a couple months later...once he finally convinced me to date him.  It has been quite a hysterical ride ever since.

Although we were hopeful that we would be celebrating more than just our anniversary today, we're getting by, and have been relying on one another and have been stronger together since. It seems fitting that our wedding song is Hold On by Michael Buble.  I may be listening to this on repeat today.  Lyrics below . . .

Hold on to me tight. 
Holy on, I promise it will be alright. 
Cause we are stronger together
than we could ever be alone. 
Just hold on to me, 
don't you ever let me go. 
Hold on to me, it's gonna be alright. 
Hold on to me tonight. 
. . . They always say, we were the lucky ones. 

I really do feel lucky.  I have so much to be thankful for.  Although I've needed to remind myself of this a little more frequently as of late, I know that it's true.  So, today, I will marvel in the joy that our wedding day brought and I'll look forward, with a positive mind and heart, to what our future has in store.
Happy Anniversary to us.  
Cheers!
xo

     




2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to an amazing couple. This year will only make you stronger! Love you both! Miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to a wonderful couple! xox

    ReplyDelete