Thursday, August 8, 2013

Mom & Dad Do London: Part 2

I was beyond thrilled when my Mom and Dad called to ask us if they could book another trip to London.  The words "YES PLEASEE" couldn't come out of my mouth fast enough!!!  I was so excited to spend the week with them, but really I just wanted a hug!  I hadn't seen my parents since it all went down and I desperately wanted/needed them with me.  I will say, though, that I'm quite proud of myself for surviving as long as I did without them here (I'll store that thought in my memory bank and remind myself in the future if I'm ever feeling incapable of getting by without them).  I proved I can do it  - as hard as it was.

Annnnyway . . .

This visit was a little different from when they came in May: we weren't unpacking and organizing 35 boxes, it didn't rain every.single.day (the weather was beautiful), and I was back to normal . . . feeling energized and motivated to explore.  Even though my parents insisted that their last visit was wonderful, I felt the need to make sure Mom & Dad Do London: Part 2 was even better!!!!

We had a blast together and did a lot of sightseeing around London . . . we even made it to the countryside!  It was a highly enjoyable week and I felt such comfort having my parents here with us.  Sometimes that's all it takes.

LONDON 

BATH

CANTERBURY
Canterbury Cathedral - 1st Church of England


I jumped at every opportunity while my parents were here to get on a train and head out to the country.  My goal while we are living in London is to try and see as much of England (and Europe) as possible.  The Cotswolds are next on my list.  I've heard amazing things.  If it's half as beautiful as the places we've been, we'll have a great time. 

My Sissy and Bro-in law are at the airport now waiting to board their flight to London.  Kidless!  This is the first vacation (alone) that they have been on since they've had kids.  G is 6 years old!  The pressure is ON for D and me to make sure they have the most memorable time in London.  But then again, when the four of us are together, we always a great time no matter what we do!  

Happy almost Friday!
xo, 
V

1 comment:

  1. Dear Val, "ditto" to the excitement I felt to see you and wrap my arms around you ! We both needed that !
    Thank you for all your efforts to make Part 2 as truly enjoyable as it was. And may I say that your expert navigation around the city was sooo impressive. In just a few months you have mastered the city map!
    I treasured every minute spent with you and Drew.
    Rest assured we will be back again for Part 3 !
    I love you so much ! Transcending Peace and Love to your from across the ocean.
    xo
    your momma

    ReplyDelete