Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Home Is ...

Me + D + America + Family + Beach = Happy girl! 

Weisman Summer Vacation 2013 - Part 1: Flew to Wisconsin for a few days to surprise my mother in-law for her 60th birthday - an awesome, weekend long celebration!
The weekend started with a canceled flight from Philadelphia that left us drinking (not really the whole time) in the airport for nearly 10 hours!  Thankfully MomW was still surprised to see us later that evening despite the rest of the family's exciting arrivals.


Weisman Summer Vacation 2013 - Part 2: Ocean City, NJ with my family - sitting on the beach, listening to the ocean, digging in the sand, getting a tan, spending quality time with each other, and eating ice cream...every night. Yup. That's right.


Our two and a half weeks spent in "the States" were really wonderful and much needed.  After all, I was homeeee!  How could I not have an absolutely blissful time with my most favorite people in a place that I love?  Like 'they' always say, Home Is Where The Heart Is.  Right? Meaning, whatever place you long to be.  This trip certainly fit that description.  
Even though I really am enjoying London and have become much more adjusted to our life here, it still requires effort to feel emotionally attached to our current 'home'.  But, I'm working on being easier on myself.  I have endured some major life changes in the last few months and I am learning to accept that things (emotions) may not change as quickly as they would have otherwise.  So instead of Home Is Where The Heart Is, perhaps I'll start with this modification in order to begin training my mind & my heart: Home Is Where Our Story Begins ... and this story is beginning in London!
Yea, that could work.
And quite a story we'll have.  
Baby steps.


Really, though,
....at the end of the day, throughout this roller coaster of an adventure we're going on, what's most important is ...

xx

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I have chills! Wonderfully expressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post too! And love the inspirational quote at the end...it's so true. XO

    ReplyDelete