Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Too Soon for a Countdown?

I'd say not ... 2 weeks down, 50 more to go!

As you've gathered from my previous posts, I'm liking it here.  I actually am.  I'd even go as far as saying that I'm happy (woah!!).  I'm trying my best to stay busy throughout the day.  I've never been a good self-motivator, though.  So, I've given myself two mandatory jobs each day:

1. Get out of bed
2. Go to the gym 

Once those two are complete, I feel quite accomplished!  If I do laundry, go food shopping, or cook, I'm extremely proud of myself!!  Doesn't take much ; )

On nice days, I've been walking down the Kings Road and stopping to sit outside at Duke of York Square.  One can only sit outside by themselves for so long.  I'm finding that it's not always fun being alone (I know all of you moms are rolling your eyes and telling me to enjoy it while I can).  Pretty safe to say that I could use a friend, though....or cable!  I'd take cable over a friend most days of the week.  Two weeks and counting.  Not sure how I've survived without it for this long.

Off to Belgium on Friday.  D has Monday off.  We're staying in Brugge for two nights and Brussels for one.  Gotta love UK Bank Holidays.

I'll keep you posted.  Depending on how our first travel experience goes, I may not mind being here for 349 days and 12 hours.  Fingers crossed.

Duke of York Square

Adorable flower shop on Pimlico

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Val! You are on quite an adventure! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I feel ya. When I first had Milo, getting out of bed and showered felt like a huge accomplishment. Baby steps! I'm so happy to hear you're happy.

    ReplyDelete