Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Nice Was Nice!

Still catching up on the events of the last month.  I've been having too much fun with all of my visitors to keep this thing up to date.  A few weeks late, but worth documenting.

While D and I were home this summer, we decided to book a short weekend trip somewhere in Europe.  I've found it helpful to have a little something to look forward to before waving goodbye to our family and friends and heading back to London.  I know, you feel so bad for me ; )

We opted for the South of France and it was exactly how I imagined it.  Beautiful.
I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of the weather in mid-September, but we were blessed with high 70s and sun!  We pulled a typical 'D & V' and parked it on the pebbled beach: swimming frequently, breaking for lunch, and calling it a day right before a romantic dinner.  We are so predictable.

Nice was a nice way to wrap up the summer.
It's amazing how quickly I forget what the warmth and sun feels like.  I hear London is a true pleasure in the fall (sarcasm).  Wish us luck . . . or at the very least, wish us blue skies!

A little collage of our 3 days in Nice!

1 comment: