Friday, November 1, 2013

Just One of Them Days

I sat down today to write about our short trips to Paris and Amsterdam and was overcome with tears.  It's been one of those days.  I'm missing everything and everyone and I am so super homesick.  It has nothing to do with being unhappy in London.  We've been keeping busy, traveling, and getting together with friends.  Despite that, today, I feel emotionally drained.  Wiped out.  Defeated.

I miss my life in America and everything that comes with it.  I wonder when we'll be heading home, although I know it's not helpful to think that way.  I often think that our time here in London, while a once in a lifetime experience, is just a filler until we get back to our 'real lives' in New York.  I try to plan our future, which is also unproductive and unrealistic.  I think I just need to go home for a little bit, see my family, hug them, and recharge my batteries.  Only 49 more days.

Hopefully it's only one of these days.  Tomorrow will be happier.  Tomorrow I'll have dry eyes.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can


2 comments:

  1. I know you can! The Little Engine That Could is one of my favorite books and I repeat that little ditty to myself all the time.

    ReplyDelete