Saturday, November 16, 2013

Autumn in Paris

As I sit here, drinking out of my 'Paris' Starbucks collector mug, I smile and am reminded of our wonderful time away in one of the most romantic cities in the world.  (Mission accomplished by the inventor of the souvenir mug.)

I have to be honest, when D first booked our weekend trip to Paris, I was excited, but a tad less enthusiastic than usual.  Let me clarify before you jump to the "spoiled" conclusion.  There are a few reasons why I felt this way.

1. We went to Paris on our honeymoon: I was worried that perhaps we romanticized this amazing city and if we went again just the two of us it wouldn't be nearly as magnificent as it was when we were first married. (Understandable, right?) 
2. I went to Paris for the day over the summer and it was exhausting and hot!
(Day trips to Paris are not fun.)
3. We have been wanting to visit new places.
(Can you blame us? We may only be here for a few more months.)

I was wrong.  Paris was just as lovely, if not lovelier in Autumn. (They don't use the term Fall.)  The brisk air, the colored leaves, and the sporadic rain made for a cozy and romantic weekend.  I actually have a deeper appreciation for Paris than ever before and I would happily and excitedly go back any, any time!


We stayed at the Westin (our honeymoon spot), ate French onion soup (duh!), held hands through The Tuileries Garden, posed with the Louvre, stopped for cappuccinos, shopped and ate crepes in Il Saint Louis (my favorite part), bought locks for us and our nieces/nephews (& threw the keys in), and took many, many pictures of the Eiffel Tower (and of ourselves).

Please forgive me for my initial lack of gratitude.  Paris rocks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We ended our busy weekend, with our usual Sunday Funday crew, by carving pumpkins!!! We had a really fun time.  Super thankful for these guys.



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures of Paris and pumpkins and happy faces! Gratitude apparent!

    ReplyDelete