Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Back At It

It's been hard getting back into the swing of things since our return to London.
When we said goodbye to family and left for the airport, I felt unusually sad.  It felt like the first time we left.
We had been in 'the states' for a bit over three weeks and I started to get used to the feeling of being home.  And boy, was it amazing!!  I spent the last two days in NYC and that really solidified my desire to move home.

Over a week later and I'm still trying to ward off this dreadful homesick feeling.  I haven't been able to pinpoint what the cause is exactly, and this time, I'm fighting my normal urge to overanalyze and I'm just accepting it and moving on.  Well, at least I'm trying to.

It was a welcomed distraction last week when I heard from PK (a mom from my old school).  She was in London with her husband for the NBA Global Games and we met for lunch.  We spent the day together walking around Marylebone and stopping in a pub for a beer.
I was super surprised, excited, and appreciative when she asked me to come to the game with her the following day.  We had such a great time!!!  We had a delicious Latin dinner and headed in to watch the Brooklyn Nets beat the Atlanta Hawks.
It was a major challenge not to stare at this Beatle and his beautiful family throughout the night.  He may or may not be my new (70 year old) obsession!!!
I consider this our first 'official' picture together :)
Sir Paul McCartney & Stella McCartney
PK and Me
Super thankful for such an unforgettable night in London.  A familiar face and the excitement from the game definitely helped quell my longing for home.

Until next time...

xx




2 comments:

  1. Stay Strong, Val ! You're coming home in 9 months !!! Can't wait to plan our trip to be with you in London ! I love you and miss you so much ! xoxo Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!! Priceless picture! Val, listen to your Momma, she knows best! xox

    ReplyDelete