Friday, January 17, 2014

It's About Time

It feels wrong to be talking about Christmas on January 17, but I'm way behind and I can't leave such a fun and memorable time of the year out of this online journal of mine.  So, please, bear with me!

WARNING: a lotttt of pictures!

Prepping for Christmas in London!




ice skating @ the natural history museum with mike and maryellen
On December 13, our friends T&KC had a fabulous Christmas party at their flat.  T, Mare, and I spent most of the week prepping (making cookies, shopping, cooking, decorating, cooking, cooking).  T pulled out all the stops.   It was such an unforgettable night with our closest friends.
how amazing is this?? (thanks t&kc)
Dec 19: We're going home!!!!!
It had only been a little over a month since I'd last been home, but it was Christmas, and D was coming with me, so I was soo excited.  Our flight was delayed a few hours and we didn't end up getting home until close to midnight.  We woke up early on Friday morning to soak up a few hours with my sister and the kids before we headed to New York City for the night.


In New York, we saw friends, walked around our old neighborhood, took tons of gulps of the fresh city air, and I got fitted for a bridesmaids dress for Beej's wedding. Yay!


Saturday evening was the Linville's Caroling Party, which my family looks forward to every year.  It's hard to put into words how wonderful it is.  Good friends, amazing food, a brilliant pianist, and lots and lots of singing.





The next few days were filled with countless Christmas activities.




Christmas. WooHoo! 
My Christmas present from D!! 8th row :)

Signed by Rick Nash!!!


December 26: My cousins, their kids, my aunt and uncles came over to celebrate Christmas and spend time together. It was such a treat to be with them.

December 27: We headed to Wisconsin for a week! The whole family was together and we had a really great time.





January 4: We celebrated my Mom's nursing school degree!!!! Karaoke & Mexican food with her closest friends. Oh what a night!!

D had a work event, so we extended our trip an extra week and I'm telling you, I couldn't have been happier.  It was so necessary. The week consisted of extra family quality time...and I loved every minute.

I think that's it. Now on to 2014!!!

1 comment: