Friday, May 24, 2013

It's Been a While

Please forgive my absence.  My parents visited for 9 days and we received our sea shipment of all our belongings (apparently the most kitchen boxes the movers have ever seen).  We spent most mornings out and about seeing the sights and the afternoons unpacking and organizing.  Thank goodness that my parents were able to help!!  I was so convinced that I would rather have it all set up by the time they got here. What was I thinking???  It would have taken WEEKS without them!!  Huge thanks to my mom and dad for all of their help.



 You do what you have to do in order to get a good picture!!


Since their departure, I've probably spent a little too much time in bed, watching tv, and pouting.  I've wanted to blog, but I was at a loss for what to write about.  I often have trouble putting into words how I actually feel ... especially when the feelings aren't happy ones.  Having my parents here made me realize how much I actually miss home, friends, and family.  It definitely doesn't help that the weather in London has been gloomy and rainy.  I may need to take a break from social media so I can spare myself from reading "Gorgeous day here in NYC" posts on Facebook or Twitter.  


For additional reading material on what it's like to move out of New York City, check out my amazing and beautiful friend's blog.  She just relocated from the city down to Florida and is experiencing similar feelings about their move.  The only difference may be her overabundance of vitamin D that I am most certainly lacking ; )  Although I did move from one city to another, London is quite different than New York.  Tear.
Check it out! Sad Sap Thursday & TGIF


1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful visit...So sorry you are sad...:(

    But, things will get better, I know it! :)

    ReplyDelete