Sunday, May 26, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

Happy 6th Birthday to the first girl who gave me the privilege of becoming an aunt! 
(Now I'm a proud aunt of five) 

I was only 21 when I found out that my sister was pregnant.  I was beyond excited!!! But, I have to admit that I was a little nervous, too.  What would happen to my relationship with my sister once we added a baby into the family?  Would we still be as close?  Would we be able to spend the same amount of time together?  For a little while I had a hard time accepting that our original family of four would officially change and now my sister would have her own family.  

It turns out that becoming an aunt was the absolute BEST thing in the world.  Everything else that I used to care about paled in comparison to my love for my new niece.  I fell so head over heels with my G that all I wanted to do was spend every second with her ... and I did.  For the first nine months of her life I saw her daily.  When it was "time" for me to move to New York City (only an hour and a half away), I cried and cried.  (What I would give to be an hour and a half away right now).  

Since moving to London, this has been the longest I've been away from G since she was born ... and the first time I've been away for her birthday. (Actually, this year we will miss all five of our nieces/nephews birthdays for the very first time. Sad).  It breaks my heart, but I am so thankful for FaceTime.  

Grace and me on her birthday for the past 6 years <3
1 day old
1 year old
2 years old
3 years old
4 years old
5 years old
6 years old!!! 
It's a FaceTime kind of birthday this year :(

Happy Birthday my beautiful Goddaughter.  
I love you more than you know!  
xoxoxo



Another special lady is celebrating her birthday today, too. Happy Birthday to Drew's amazing Grandmom.  She's 86 years old today!!!! We love you, Gram, and are so thankful for you.  We hope you have a wonderful day. xo


2 comments:

  1. Aww, love this post! Great pics of you and G!!! Happy 6th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, what an adorable salute to your relationship with Grace! You and your Godchild will always be Besties ! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete